Monday, January 19, 2009

Embracing Thirty

On January 2, 1979 I was born.


On January 2, 2009 I was thirty years old.


I decided to embrace thirty with a smile on my face and with much hope for the future. Let's face it, my twenties were filled with many ups and down. The ups were the births of my children and my marriage to Jason. No need to go into the downs.......they are water under the bridge and I learned from my mistakes which is the most important part.

When I turned 21, I was a new mom and I ate hot wings on my couch. When I turned 25, I was a new mom again and I felt stuck in the middle of nothing. At thirty, I am a new mom once again and I feel like a new woman. I feel like I have a lot of wisdom that I never dreamed I would have at this age. This is going to be a new chapter in my life and I plan on making it the best yet.

I was able to spend this birthday with my family and friends. I would not have had it any other way. I was asked many times if I "felt" 30........Well, not really.
I have glasses now and I think I have stiff joints and a little premature memory loss. It could also be selective.... :)
I keep having to remind myself that I am thirty. I am no longer in my twenties and I am a real adult. Not that I wasn't before, I just feel more grown up now. That's all. Not older just more grown up.

Jason will be thirty at the end of March and he does not let me forget that I am older than him. I hope he embraces thirty as I have. With a new attitude, new goals, hopes and dreams for the years to come.

2 comments:

Misti said...

You don't look a day over 18 hot mama! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Well..as the PussyCat Dolls say..
"When I grow up, I want to be famous, be on TV I wanna have boobys..opps, I mean Groupies..(you already have boobys!LOL)
I had fun in my 20's but my 30's were great also and you will look even better...just use the sunscreen now on the face so your 40's will look even better..love, Aunt B