Sunday, January 25, 2009

Puke Patrol

Lakelyn and Bear have been sick ever since we got back from AL. Bear is now on a nebulizer. Lakelyn has a ruptured ear drum, both have had ear infections and sinus infections. It has been a never ending pool of snot.Luckily, besides the usual spit-up from Bear, there has been no "big girl" vomit. For those of you that don't know, I can not clean up chunks from the stomach! It makes me sick. I start to gag if I get too close.

Well, last night Lake was eating dinner and she said her stomach was hurting. Being the mean Mother Monster that I am, I made her eat 3 more bites of meat and drink her juice. I mean, standard procedure from parents is three more bites when the usual "Mommy, I'm full" starts ringing in our ears. Being the obedient girl she is (most of the time) she ate her food and headed to brush teeth, brush hair and then snuggle under the covers.

As Jason and I were getting ready for our nightly Guitar Hero gig, I heard a scream that I had not heard in a long time. I ran down the hall and I found a bed FULL of "big girl" vomit. At that point, I started screaming for Jason as I was trying to get out of the room. He came back there and shouted his normal quote..."Daddy can do it. Daddy can do anything!" ........He's so cute! She seemed to feel better because she was examining her up-chuck and giving me an updated report while I was contributing by getting sheets out of the linen closet in the hallway. I really could not say anything to her because it was pretty funny.

If I would have been here by myself, I am sure I would have thrown up, but I would have been able to take care of her. Although, my thoughts are, that if Daddy is here to help........let Daddy help. So Super Dad washed hair, changed sheets, washed mattress pads (thank goodness for those) changed to PJs, and settled her back into her little nest. I was sending my mama emails with the play by plays because she knows how I feel. My daddy always had to take over because the smell would always gag her....Maybe that's where I get it from..... ;)

Well about 30 minutes later, I saw Lake at the end of the hallway. Luckily our GH song was almost over..... :) She said it had happened again. Super Daddy to the rescue! Same scenario. Changing, washing, brushing.........

So..........after about 5 more times of this happening throughout the night, it was then 6 o'clock in the morning. Bear was wide eyed and bushy tailed. ready to eat, talk, and play. Lakelyn finally went to sleep and Jason is still sleeping too. Thanks goodness I did not have to be on Puke Patrol!

God Bless My Husband!

4 comments:

Misti said...

Nothing like our adventure though, you have to admit...2 kids puking while the dog eats it, one kid peeing into the air....good times, good times....

Rhia said...

LOL, u poor thing and OMG at what Misti said, lololol!!!

The Mind of Me-Shell said...

Oh my dear lord! I can't handle the smell of puke or I'm gonna puke right on top of it. I know exactly how ya feel. TOO FREAKIN FUNNY!
Great story!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby..I hate it when the Grandkids are sick..it's hurts me so much..hope all is better now..Love Aunt B..( your husband is a keeper)